Now offering VIRTUAL coaching!
Want to find new ways to train your body from anywhere you have internet and video access? Let Stephanie help you!
She is now offering one on one and small group online sessions to humans of all ages, backgrounds, and experience levels who are seeking more connection to their bodies and movement.
All of these training offerings line up with the goal to safely build up to more complex movements and skills. They offer the ability to connect with the appropriate body awareness to support foundational movements up through advanced skillsets. These training sessions are also supportive for aerialists trying to stay in shape in a time where studio and apparatus access is limited. Stephanie works with the specific goals of each client and facilitates their continuous growth with attentive, compassionate, and honest coaching... with a healthy side of good humor!
No equipment required - get creative with what you have! However - some great tools to consider in your repertoire include a yoga mat, yoga blocks, resistance bands, yoga ball, foam roller, and peanut.
** Virtual hoop training is limited to very specific guidelines. Please inquire for more details, if you are interested.
* Get in touch with Stephanie through her CONTACT page or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org! *
- "Private lessons with Stephanie were the smartest thing I’ve done for myself during Covid. At first, I was worried that I wasn’t the right client for Stephanie (I’m not bendy nor am I fit and she is a glamorous performer), but that self doubt evaporated in the first 2 minutes of the first session. With an enormous sense of humor, no judgement, and a very gentle heart, she taught me strength, stretching and self love. The core work we started on made almost immediate changes to my posture and how I felt after working a long day at a computer in my makeshift office. She also solved some of my headache issues and restless legs issues. Stephanie is a different kind of trainer... She won’t be counting down your crunches.... she will be encouraging you to push yourself and allowing you to give yourself permission to stop. That was a radically new concept to me. I left each session feeling good in my body and my heart." - Meggie (Bay Area, CA)
- "Stephanie Bailey is one of the most professional, kind, and fierce Circus Performers I have had the chance to work alongside. I first met Stephanie on a women's hike in the Bay Area, and as we reconnected through our career overlap, I learned how outstanding she is in her field of work. I have had the privilege to watch Stephanie perform with absolute awe, as well as coach my Youth Preprofessional Teen Circus Troupe both in person, and online. She showed unwavering professionalism and punctuality, as well as truly getting to know the students, paying attention to their interests, injuries, personalities, and passions. Stephanie is a caring and top-class coach and colleague." - Chelsea Marie Hill (Artistic Director of Kōdə: Oakland Urban Circus Troupe)
- "Steph is a joy to work with! Not only does her expertise in this discipline shine through during our classes together, she takes the time to really listen to her students, understand their challenge areas, and provide drills and modifications to work through them. Contortion itself can be intimidating, especially when taught through a screen - but I've never felt unsafe or pressured to do something I'm not ready for because she has such a soothing presence and encourages you to listen to your body. Her background in anatomy is also instrumental in de-mystifying the process and providing valuable insights. Thanks to Steph, I've been able to break through some plateaus in my own practice, and am looking forward to continuing to make progress towards my contortion goals!" - Jessica (Bay Area, CA)
- "Working with Stephanie was such a joy. She is always on time, prepared and has a sparkly presence about her, even in a virtual experience. Stephanie was able to teach Livia new skills and transitions from her existing repertoire. Our family takes circus, dance and performance very seriously as a positive outlet, that is why I chose Stephanie to work with my daughter because Stephanie Bailey is the best of the best. If you are are looking to take your body to the next level I would highly recommend working with Stephanie." - Kat and her daughter Livia (Napa, CA)